About Lancer Hospitality At Como Park Zoo & Como Town Amusement Park:
Lancer Hospitality is a well-established company with more than 30 years in the hospitality management industry. Lancer takes pride in providing professional management services in a variety of settings and serving a diversity of clients. As an Elior North America company, Lancer is small enough to care and establish personal and long lasting partnerships with the clients it serves while also being big enough to make a difference with its globally supported resources. From small and intimate ceremonies, receptions, and business meetings, to grand and elegant parties, it is easy to imagine your event in the pristine beauty and natural ambience of Como Park Zoo & Conservatory.
The spectacular Visitor Center, Polar Bear Lodge and Marjorie McNeely Conservatory provide exquisite spaces for wedding receptions, special events, corporate meetings, or retreats. Plan a picnic at one of the Park’s pavilions for as many as 9,000 guests at the Midway Picnic Pavilion. All catered functions, from a formal gala to an informal corporate gathering, require timely delivery of menu items, professional yet unobtrusive service, and fresh and tastefully presented menu offerings. Whether we serve a corporate luncheon or elegant hors d’oeuvres our commitment to excellence remains constant.
Ice Cream Cart Operators- 6
Ride Operators- 14
All positions will pay $12.50/hour.
Job Descriptions: We are looking for outgoing, personable people to go the extra mile with good customer service.
Ice Cream Cart Operators are responsible for serving our customers courteously, quickly, and efficiently with a sincere, positive, pleasant, and enthusiastic manner.
Duties & Qualifications Include:
● Filling orders, receiving money, accurately counting back change, and maintaining a clean and organized work station
● Possess basic knowledge of math, handling money, and have experience providing superior customer service
● Requires standing, walking, and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack, and maneuver objects that may weigh 30 to 50 pounds
● Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Ride Operators will be greeting and welcoming guests with a smile, providing excellent service, and performing all the required ride operation functions effectively and safely. Ride Operators typically work independently, but on occasion will work with a Ride Attendant who will assist the operator with ticketing and safety checks. Our goal is to create unforgettable experiences for our guests.
Duties & Qualifications Include:
● Maintain focus while safely operating heavy machinery and mechanical and
non-mechanical rides and attractions
● Ensure guest safety before and during ride operation by enforcing safety procedures and performing mandatory ride functions
● Engage and interact positively with guests, both verbally and nonverbally
● Visually observe any safety and/or guest concern while the ride is operating
● Maintain cleanliness of the ride area
● Inspect equipment using visual and tactile methods as trained
● Support team members and other departments as needed (this may include, but is not limited to cross training)
Work Hours: You should expect to work an average of 40 hours/week throughout the summer. Overtime may be available. Employees sign up for shifts through a scheduling system. The positions are weather dependent as the jobs are outside.
Work Start Dates: You should plan your U.S. arrival so you can begin working May 1 – June 15.
Work Finish Dates: We are looking for candidates who can finish working September 7 – October 1. You should be as upfront and honest as possible about your work finish date. It is customary in the U.S. to give at least two weeks notice of your final day of work.
Uniform: You must bring black pants and black athletic shoes. We will provide you with shirts.
Interview Format: We are able to interview and hire friend groups, but not couples. Interviews will be conducted individually.
Housing Information: Lancer Hospitality will provide you with housing. The cost of housing is $150.00 per week with a $200.00 security deposit. The housing is at Burlington Apartments in St Paul, Minnesota.
Area Description: The Minneapolis – St. Paul area is incredibly diverse. Visitors will find upscale lodging, dining, and award-winning theater, all in an area with dozens of parks, trails and green space including the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area , a national park site that boasts 72 miles of public riverfront.
From quaint small town celebrations to one of the largest state fairs in the nation, there’s an event to attend every weekend no matter the time of year. Simply delighting in local craft beer or enjoying a savory dish from a local food truck can be a cause for celebration.
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, a theater-goer, or someone who loves to shop ‘til you drop, the metro area has an activity to fit your interests and budget.
Learn more about the region’s abundance of cultural attractions, outdoor recreation opportunities and world-class shopping—with no tax on clothing or shoes!
● Lancer Hospitality Facebook: facebook.com/LancerHospitality/
● Como Town Facebook: facebook.com/officialcomotown
● Como Town Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/comotown/
● Lancer Hospitality At Como Park Zoo And Conservatory:
● Como Park Zoo & Conservatory: comozooconservatory.org/