Work and Travel Iceland
About the program
Besides this, accommodation and three meals a day are ensured, and the job offers are in hotels, restaurants or clubs, agriculture, farms throughout Iceland.
Visa is not required! You can start work in maximum 2 months from the date you applied in the program. You can also take Icelandic language classes.
Age: 18-30 years
Student status – not mandatory. You don’t have to be a student
Minimum work experience in any field
English language level: conversational
Advantages: knowledge of German, French, Italian, Spanish language
Cost of the program includes:
- Program fee: 800 euro
- Round trip plane ticket: 200-500 euro
- Medical insurance
Work opportunities: in farms and tourism
Work period: 3-12 months in any time of the year
What is included?
- Placement: offer of a work place
- Accommodation and meals at the price of approx. 10 – 13 euro/day
- Assistance before and after arrival in Iceland
- One night accommodation in Reykjavik at arrival
- Orientation session
- Phone card
- Permanent 24/7 assistance
- Recommendation on request
- Minimum wage per month 1200-1900 euro
Application procedure- Necessary documents:
CV/Resume in English
Letter of intent
Copy of passport
Copy of driver’s licence
Letter of recommendation from a former employer
After registration in the program, the applicant will have an interview in English. After that, the placement process starts and an interview with the employer from Iceland will take place. After the applicant is accepted, the plane ticket is bought.
Application deadline: approximately 2-3 months before the desired start date.