Work and Travel France
About the program
This program offers you the possibility to earn money while you get to know the French culture, you develop your French language abilities and not least, you travel all of France.
Condition of participation
Current student, no matter the year of study
Age between 18 and 35 years
Knowledge of French language at a conversational level
Options and costs
- You have the possibility to choose between two program options (SELF and PLACEMENT)
- The program is accessible and safe
- You will have the chance to work in a French environment
- Monthly income of approximately 1000 euro
- You receive our assistance in obtaining the work permit in France, purchasing the plane ticket, useful information about France and the Work and Travel program in France
- You get an accommodation offer
- In Paris, you participate in the orientation session regarding rules and French culture
- At the headquarters in Paris, you will have unlimited access to phones, fax, email, luggage storage space, brochures, maps and you will receive a guide to get to know the French culture better, and a phone card to call home
- Still at the Paris headquarters, you will receive help in making a resume and letter of intent and you will be prepared for interviews with French employers (if you choose the SELF option)
- You will participate in social activities with the rest of the students
- You will receive our ongoing support throughout the whole program period
How do I apply?
First step is for you to send us a Resume in French and a copy of your ID
You participate at an interview in French with a Student Travel representative, after which you sign the mediation contract and pay the first fee of 150 euro.
After your acceptance in the program, you pay the second fee. If you have chosen the PLACEMENT option, we begin your placement at French companies. The companies will contact you for an interview. When both sides agree and sign the work offer, no matter the program option, the documents for Autorisation Provisoire de Travail are submitted.
If you choose the SELF option, you can start searching for a job offer.
Next is the processing of your documents by our partner in France. They will contact you again in order to test your French language skills.
After the work permit arrives, you pack your bags, buy your plane ticket and go to France to have an unforgettable summer.
In this program you will receive entry level offer in the following domains:
- Tourism and hospitality industry
- Stores, restaurants, pubs
- Client services, call centers
- Ski resorts
The hourly payment is 9.40 euro, gross returns. If the position is linked to customer services, you can get tips or sales percentage. Income taxes are approximately 25% of your income. Generally, you work 35 hours per week, with 2 days off. It is possible for you to work overtime, paid according to France legislation. The monthly income is approximately 1000 euro, net income.