Internship New Zealand
Internship New Zealand (NZ) gives current students the opportunity to spend maximum 6 months in New Zealand, gaining work experience in their field of study, as well as the opportunity to discover the culture and New Zealand lifestyle. In case the employer and the employee as well request the extension of the program, and the terms and conditions of the internship have been respected, the program can extend on a period of another 6 months.
The Internship program can start in any period of the year.
Age above 19 years
Current student status, in a state or private accredited university
Obtaining work experience has to be a condition of your study program, and the proposed work place has to be directly related to the field and level of study.
Good English skills (minimum IELTS 6.00; TOEFL 550/200; SLEP 58 or their equivalent)
To apply for the Internship NZ program you have to submit the following documents:
- Completed application form. Make sure all the information are correct. The section referring to English knowledge must be filled out and signed by an English professor. The section reserved to the higher education must be filled out by an official representative of the institution
- A photocopy of your student grades book
- Proof of English knowledge
- Copy of your ID
- Copy of your passport
- Resume in English with picture
- We advise you to submit you application file at least 6 months before your desired departure.
What is included?
- Student Travel assistance
- Secured work place by the NZ Sponsor
- Necessary documents to obtain the visa, secured by the NZ Sponsor
- Participants guidebook
- ISIC international student ID
- Transportation from the airport to the accommodation
- 2 night accommodation at arrival in NZA
- Lonely Planet NZ guide
- Support and assistance offered by the NZ Sponsor throughout the whole program
Conditions related to the program:
- Registration fee: 200 dollars
- Program fee: 1075 dollars (which includes the secured work place, necessary documents for the visa, participants guidebook, ISIC card, transportation from the airport, 2 night accommodation, Lonely Planet NZ guide and emergency support offered by the NZ Sponsor throughout the program)
- Medical insurance during the program
- Round-trip plane ticket
- Visa tax: 90$ NZ (+ postal expenses regarding the sending of the application in London)
Interview with a Student Travel representative
After you have submited your complete application file to the Internship, you will be scheduled to an interview with one of Student Travel representatives. The main theme of the interview will be the link between the internship and your field of study, as well as the way this program will help your future career. Also, the interview targets and evaluates your english skills.
Areas you can apply for
The program Sponsor is authorized to offer internships in the following fields:
- Hotel and catering field;
- Business – limited offers.
Obtaining the visa
Participation in the program involves obtaining a work visa. The visa is available just for one work place, the one ensured by the NZ Sponsor, so it will not allow you to work at another employer, not even part-time. Processing the visa is made in maximum 2 weeks. The visa application, which will be sent to the NZ Embassy in London, must contain:
- Visa form along with all the solicited documents in this form
- Documents provided by the NZ Sponsor based on your application file
- Proof of necessary funds (Proof of Funds & Financial Security Statement)
- Valid Romanian passport (an availability period of at least 6 months from the program completion date)
Incomplete application files will not be accepted. All the documents and information will be verified by the Embassy.
Extension of the program
It is possible to extend the program on a period of maximum another 6 months, if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The internship continues in the same company/firm
- Both employer and participant request the extension of the program to the NZ Sponsor
- The internship’s terms and conditions have been respected
- The insurance period is also extended
- The program extension fee is paid (NZ $500) plus the visa extension fee (NZ $90)
About New Zealand
The beautiful scenery, the pleasant climate, the wild nature turn New Zealand into a fairytale realm, revealing to anyone a little bit of this beautiful place’s mystery.
The fantastic picture of nature was discovered and presented in many Oscar award winning movies, such as The Lord of The Rings. New Zealand is a multicultural society and its residents are well-known for their friendly and sophisticated behavior. What is amazing in NZ is the fact that, in such a small country there can be so many cultures living together. The first maori colonists called New Zealand The Long and White Cloud Country. The residents are known all over the world under the name of Kiwi nation, because they have given this name to the Kiwi bird, after the sound this bird made: kiwi, kiwi, kiwi. New Zealand has a population of 4 million people, and 80% of the population lives in cities. The Capital of NZ is Wellington, which is also the most southern capital of the world. With its surface of 271.000 square km, NZ resembles Japan and Great Britain.
The official language spoken in the country is English and Maori, and the official currency is the neozealand dollar. The highest peak of the country is Aoraki-Mount Cook with 3.754 meters.
On NZ territory
Once you have arrived on NZ territory, you will have to be very careful with the responsibilities you have. The obtained visa will allow you to work only at your work place ensured by the NZ Sponsor. In case of a grave emergency, you will be able to call the emergency number at your disposal by the NZ Sponsor in the Participants Guidebook. This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Before arrival back home, you have to reconfirm your flight, by calling the airline company (with at least 72 hours before departure). Otherwise, it is possible you miss your flight. In case you want to change your returning date or if you have an OPEN ticket (with unspecified returning date) please contact the airline company with at least 30 days before returning to your home country.
Remember! Those who remain on NZ territory after the visa has expired, risk to be sent back to their country and get a permanent interdiction of receiving another NZ visa.